Transition to Trading programme
The Childhood Trust is delighted to be partnering with the School for Social Entrepreneurs to offer a number of to those of our charity partners looking to diversify their income streams!
The School for Social Entrepreneurs has been supporting charity-leaders and social entrepreneurs with learning for 22 years.
Watch this video to learn more about the SSE:
The programme will take part in a series of group sessions spread over four months, with other people at a similar stage to you. You’ll form a trusted support network, as well as the skills and knowledge needed to diversify your income.
- A fully funded learning programme, to help you diversify your income and develop your leadership skills
- An opportunity to meet regularly with other people running organisations like yours, so you can help each other out
- Increase your understanding and confidence in managing finances for diversification
- Develop a plan to implement new business opportunities
- Increase skills and confidence in leading teams for diversification and sustainability
- Develop a more entrepreneurial mind-set and strengthen your leadership skills
Who can take part?
- Your organisation must have received funding and support from The Childhood Trust in the past
- You’re a CEO or director of a charity that supports children or young people
- Your organisation will likely have been active for at least two years and its turnover is probably between £100k and £2m (please do talk to us if you don’t fit into this bracket but believe you would still benefit from the programme)
- You are actively planning - or already trying - to diversity your income through trading
Interested? Attend a taster session!
We are running a taster session on the afternoon of so you can find out more about the programme and decide whether it’s right for your charity.
If you can't attend the taster session, we will also be running a webinar on Thursday 6th February, 1-2pm.
If you’re interested in attending either of these, please let us know by filling in this form and we'll send you more information.
Applications to the programme will open at 9am on Monday 27th January.
In the meantime, if you want more information on the Transition to Trading programme, please drop the SSE a line directly: Briana.Fernandes@sse.org.uk.